- Before you are going to attend an interview try and find out as much
about the job as possible. Try and look for what kind of person they
are looking for and match this to your own abilities.
- Make sure that you have the right address details and that you know
where you are going. Having to look for the interview location will
only stress you out. You should aim to be there 5 - 10 minutes early
so you can relax and have a look around.
- Make sure that you are dressed smart and professional. First impression
will be an important factor of the interview.
- Make some notes about additional questions you want to ask during
the interview or any points that you want to go over.
- Below you will find some of the obvious questions asked at an interview.
Make sure that you can give an honest and persuasive answer to these
- Why do you want to join our company?
- What can you bring to our company?
- Why did you leave your last job?
- Could you please tell me a bit about your last/present job?
- Another very important thing to take in mind is to watch your body
language. With the right body language you will come over as a confident
candidate. Below you will find some other key things to pay attention
to while your being interviewed:
- Listen carefully to the questions asked.
- Reply to all the questions asked clearly.
- Make notes of points you would like to discuss later in the interview.
- Be polite to everyone you meet during the interview.
- Be honest at all times.
Interrupt people while speaking to you during the interview.
Let your mind wander.
Be afraid to sell yourself to the interviewer.
Answer questions by just replying with YES or NO.
- And last but not least remember to believe in yourself and your abilities.
Every interview is a learning opportunity. Each one will teach you a
bit more about what to do and what to avoid. So if the first one is
unsuccessful don't be too disappointed because there will be more opportunities.
top of page